Tuesday 1 July 2014

Monthly Favourites: June 2014


1) Real Techniques Blush Brush

I'm a tad late to the Real Techniques party, but after half of my brush collection was eaten by a naughty puppy it was time to start from scratch and the blush brush I bought originally was just plain rubbish. This one is just a dream to use. It's incredibly soft, but the bristles are still dense enough to deposit just the right amount of colour on the cheeks. Originally I thought it would be a bit too wide, but it's actually really easy to get blush just on the top of the cheek. I'm definitely looking to get a few more Real Techniques brushes to add to my collection!

2) Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot

I've heard so many good things about this powder, that when I ran out of my trusted Rimmel Stay Matte I couldn't help myself but give it a go. And I'm so glad I did! It's a translucent powder, so I don't have to worry about it not matching my complexion and very, very mattifying without looking at all cakey. Staying power is also impressive, though I wouldn't use it on the whole face, but rather just down the T-Zone, as it can make my face look a bit flat otherwise.

3) Laura Geller Inkwell Waterproof Gel Liner

I got this liner in a Birchbox in February last year and I've only just realised that I've never given it the credit it deserves, even though I've been wearing it on an almost daily basis ever since - isn't that crazy? In all this time I've had it, it hasn't dried out just one bit. It's the blackest of black and is lovely and creamy upon application which makes it a breeze to apply a straight, smooth line. The little brush incorporated in the lid is not only handy, but also works extremely well. While I wouldn't say it's exactly waterproof, it does last all day long with a decent primer underneath.

4) NYX Nail Polish in Pastel Lavender

I got this nail polish in this month's Love Me Beauty box and been wearing it a lot since. Both formula and application of this nail polish is spot on and it's opaque with two coats without any streaking. Most of all, though, it's the colour which really appeals to me. Odd, seeing as I usually favour neons and brights, but it just feels like there was a gap in my nail polish collection which this one filled perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment