Wednesday 7 May 2014

Review: Denman Grooming Brush


As much as I'm dreaming of investing in a Mason Pearson brush one day, it seems like there is always something I would much rather spend my money on than an expensive hair brush. So at the moment, I'm on the lookout for a decent drugstore brush and so far, this is the best one I've found.


My hair is thick and can get pretty tangled up in the mornings, so a lot of brushes just tug and pull on my roots. This brush has lots of long, stiff plastic bristles encased in smaller, short, natural bristles. At first I thought it wasn't actually doing anything, but it actually manages to smooth my hair out without any tugging whatsoever.



In the six or so months that I've had it, it's held up pretty well. It's still got all its bristles (unlike a lot of other cheaper brushes that I'd bought in the past) and it cleans easily enough as well. The natural bristles do make it a bit of a dust catcher, so I need to wash it about once every other week, but I've not seen any detriment to it (such as glue coming loose) from washing it.
But the best thing? Being able to brush my hair without having to pull clumps of hair out of my hair brush.

The Denman Grooming Brush comes in three different sizes: Small, Medium and Large. The one I've got is the medium sized one which retails at £9.79.

No comments:

Post a Comment