Friday 11 April 2014

Review: Stila Lip Glaze in Holly


The Stila Lip Glaze is basically a lip gloss with a fancy name and rather fancy packaging. Instead of a classic doe foot applicator, it comes in a tube with an in-buit brush. Product is dispensed onto the brush by twisting the clicking mechanism at the end. The brush allows for more precise application while you're on the go. I think one click is meant to be enough for one application, though I usually find myself using at least four or five for an even finish.



The shade Holly is actually rather gorgeous. It's what I'd describe as a slightly muted candy apple red which instantly brightens up the complexion. It's bold, but the glossy finish makes it casual enough to wear during the day time as well.


The pigmentation is spot on for a strong colour, though it won't completely blot out the natural colour of your lips. As far as glossy lip products go, however, it's definitely on the stronger side.

Stila Lip Glaze in Holly lip swatch
My one criticism is that you really don't get a lot of product in one stick. Like I said above it does take four or five clicks to get an even finish and I'm already more than halfway through mine even though I've barely used it.

The Stila Lip Glazes cost £15 each and are available in a huge array of colours. I can't seem to find this particular one on the Stila website, but the shades strawberry and cranberry look fairly similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment