Tuesday 29 April 2014

Review: Simple Kind To Skin Illuminating Radiance Cream


"Illuminating" and "radiance" are two words that I used to run from when it comes to skincare. To me, they were nothing but euphemisms for "oil slick" or "glitter ball". But truth be told, as I'm getting older I am starting to see changes in my skin. I stopped using powder on my cheeks a while ago and am quite partial to strategically placed highlighter in my day to day make-up routine. So, the next step came naturally to add a bit of lightening into my moisturiser.


If you've seen any of my previous posts you will have gathered that I'm a huge fan of Simple. Not only is it an affordable and very easily accessible brand, but there's something in their products that my skin just seems to love. I honestly don't think I've come across a bad product from them before.


This moisturiser is no different. It feels light and very smoothing on the skin, providing the perfect amount of hydration for the day time while still letting my foundation grip to something.


The pump is not only hygienic, but also makes dispensing the perfect amount of product a breeze. The only downside to moisturiser pumps from my experience, however, is that you can never get that last bit of product out of the bottom, resulting in quite a bit of waste as you're getting to the end.


I've got to warn you that this cream does contain quite a lot of shimmer particles. You can't see them in the picture above, but if you look at your face through a magnifying mirror there's quite a lot of obvious shimmer, there. Under make-up it results in exactly what it claims on the box: A radiant and illuminated look to skin. I thought that without foundation it would be a bit too glittery, but without the magnifying mirror the result is a lot more subtle than I expected.

Overall a big fat thumbs up for this one!

Simple Kind To Skin Illuminating Radiance Cream retails at £7.99

No comments:

Post a Comment