Tuesday 25 March 2014

Shu Uemura Lash Curlers - Is this even worth my time?



For a very long time lash curlers were something I just didn't get. Why would you want to put an object that looks this dangerous right into your eye to squeeze your lashes. And don't even get me started on heated lash curlers - I thought that surely those were only made for women bordering on masochistic. But try to watch a Youtube make-up tutorial in which lash curlers aren't used - I dare you to find one! Eventually I gave in and purchased some Shu Uemura lash curlers expecting to be totally converted.


Only, that never happened. To be fair it was a lot easier to learn how to curl my lashes than I expected. They're lightweight, grip the lashes easily and don't tug on the eye lid. Where they struggle is in the outside corner of my eye where I often have to go in a second time just to get those few corner lashes. The lash curlers are sturdy and come with a replacement rubber part, though I've had mine for over a year and there's hardly any signs of wear and tear on them.


It's just that the results didn't wow me... it might just be that I have really really curly lashes naturally. To be honest with you, I can't say I've ever looked in the mirror and thought "Dayumm, I wish my lashes were curlier". Longer - yes, fuller - yes, but curlier? Never. And I think I should have thought about that before I purchased these.


After seeing this photo they've been downgraded to the bottom drawer of my make-up case and only ever get dragged out on special occasions or if I'm putting on false lashes. On one side I used my eyelash curlers before applying mascara and on the other I didn't. If it wasn't for the labelling, would you even be able to tell the difference?

I guess if you have really straight lashes which you find to be a bother, then these lash curlers would be a good investment. I really can't complain about the quality. They're sturdy, well made and have served me exceptionally well. For me, this is now one less step in my daily make-up routine.

Do you use lash curlers? And do you swear by them or is it something you'd happily skip?

No comments:

Post a Comment