Tuesday 11 March 2014

Review: B. Pure Micellar Water


Micellars are a trend in the beauty world that I can completely, 100% subscribe to after the very first time that I finally got my hands on a bottle of the infamous Bioderma. They can't be beaten on both gentleness and efficacy and in my humble opinion there's simply no better way to take off your make-up after a long day than a swipe with a micellar soaked cotton pad.


Unfortunately, even though it is now available in the UK, it's still quite tricky to get hold of Bioderma, so I'm more than happy to try out all the more accessible alternatives that have sprung up from other brands. The B. Pure micellar water is certainly not one you'll struggle to get your hands on, as it's carried by even the smallest of Superdrugs across the country.


What I wish I'd read before I made this purchase is that it cannot be used on eyes, so the main reason I bought it (to take off my eye make-up), was suddenly out of the window. Life can be cruel sometimes.
I proceeded to use it as a cleanser for my face instead, but in this respect it just didn't cut it, no matter how much I wanted it to. It left me with a nasty sticky feeling on my skin and probably barely managed to take off half of my make-up, as I discovered by the residue left on my face towel.


I eventually resorted to using it as part of a double cleanse after a cream based cleanser and as such it fared really well. It managed to scrape out the last of the make-up and dirt left on my face after a regular cleanse and that tacky feeling on my skin was gone as well.
I would happily recommend it as a second step in a double cleanse or perhaps instead of a toner, but on its own I'm afraid it's just nowhere near meeting the high standard set by Bioderma.

B. Pure Micellar Water retails at £4.99 a bottle, but it's currently on offer for less than half price over at Superdrug.

Have you tried any micellar waters? Which are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment