Tuesday 28 January 2014

Face of the Day #01


I think I've done this type of post once in the 2 and a bit years (Jeeeeeeshhh, has it really been that long??) that I've had this blog, so it's time to overcome my fears and show you guys what I'm actually wearing on my face! This time I went for a soft, smokey eye look which was understated enough to be worn during the daytime.


Taking this picture was actually pretty tricky. I'd just had my roots done that morning and the artificial light indoors made them disappear on camera, so it looked like my hair only started halfway down my face. It was scary, let me tell you.
But on to the products used:

FACE/BASE

I started out with the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser all over the face as I didn't need a lot of coverage that day. I then applied my MUA Cover and Conceal wand under my eyes and tapped it in with my fingers to cover any dark circles. On my cheeks I applied my Inglot AMC Cream Blush in 90 on my cheeks and topped it off with a touch of MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush. I really love using it as a liquid highlighter at the moment, as it just adds a lovely, subtle hint of glow to otherwise slightly dull winter skin. I set my make-up with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which as you can see in the first picture has been almost used to death. Nothing to worry about, though, as I've already purchased a back up of the exact same powder.

EYES

I started by outlining my brows with my HD Brows palette. I received it in a Glossybox over two years ago and despite being used pretty much every day it's still going strong! I set it all with the Artdeco Clear Lash & Brow gel, which works really well on keeping brows in place throughout the day, although it does make them a bit crispy if you're not extremely careful while applying it.
To prime my lids I used my MAC Paint Pot in Painterly - nothing works better at keeping eyeshadow exactly where you put it during the day. Mine is starting to get a little bit low, so a purchase is on the cards soon. I then used the NYX Mono Shadow in Sahara all over the lid. I got this product in my latest Love Me Beauty box, so I wanted to try it out as soon as possible! I applied a bit of MAC Knight Divine in the outer corner and blended it towards the middle. This is another product that's been getting much love, as I've hit pan on it a while ago. I then tightlined the lash line with the Lancome Le Crayon Khol eye liner - I'm yet to find a black liner that is creamier and more pigmented than this one. I used a small flat brush to pick up a bit of colour from the pencil and used it to line the upper lash line as well.
To finish off I curled my lashes and applied a coat of the Maybelline Rocket mascara. Even though it seems to be a blogger high street favourite, I'm not a particular fan of this mascara, as I find the wand too bulky, while the formula bleeds on my lashes after less than an hour.

LIPS

I like the eyes to be the centre of attention when it comes to my make-up, so I tend to wear mostly nude and creamy pink shades on my lips. In the picture above I slicked on a coat of MAC Creme Cup and was ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment