Thursday 22 August 2013

Review: Soap and Glory Clean On Me



I pretty much never ever splurge on a shower gel - give me a supermarket's own brand or something from the pound shop any day and I'm happy, as long as it gets me clean. So, the only reason I got my hands on this massive Soap and Glory shower gel is because it came in a Christmas gift set. Yes, that's right, Christmas. That's how long it took me to finally use up this bad boy.



As with all Soap and Glory products the name is a bit tongue-in-cheek and oh my, did it get me singing under the shower, "Clean on meeeee, when you're not strooooong....". I actually got told off by my boyfriend for singing about my beauty products all the time, whoops! Now, the packaging of this really, really bothered me. You get a pretty enormous amount of product (500ml!!!) which means the bottle is pretty heavy to begin with. I think S&G assumed that we all have neat little ceramic shelves in our shower, where we can rest our goodies and just pump up as much shower gel as we need. Well, I don't. I have a wobbly metal stand that hangs off the shower pipe, with each and every product carefully arranged so as to not disturb the perfect balance and make everything tipple over. Now, try holding this massive pint of shower gel in one hand, a shower puff in the other (while everything is wet and slippy) and use the same hand to press the pump at the top. Yeah. No. Doesn't work.



That aside, it lathers up nicely and I can confirm that it got me, well, clean. The scent is typical girly S&G, but it's nowhere near as strong as I expected and doesn't leave a single trace on the skin once you've dried yourself. As for the claim about the in-built body lotion, forget it. In my experience these things never work and Clean On Me is no exception. My skin was no drier nor any more moisturised than after using conventional (cheap-ass) shower gel.



As I said at the beginning of the post, I never would have picked this up in Boots if I was just shopping for a shower gel and it really is no better or worse than the shower gels I usually go for. Come to think of it, however, £6 is pretty awesome value for money, considering it must have lasted me about 6 months (and I do shower every day if that's what you're thinking). Stupid squirty pump aside, I'd say that for any hardcore Soap and Glory fans this will be a great addition to their bathroom, but for anyone else it's more of a take-it-or-leave-it product.

No comments:

Post a Comment