Wednesday 28 August 2013

Review: Organic Surge Gentle Cleansing Lotion

I was introduced to Organic Surge through my first ever Beauteco Box and it was only then that I began to notice how many bloggers are firmly in love with this brand. Unfortunately I finished my bottle today and it was only then that I realised that I'd completely forgotten to take some proper pictures of it, whoops! So, errr, sorry about that, but this is how it arrived at my door step two months ago.


The lotion comes in a plastic bottle and even though it's one of those squeezy ones that I usually send flying across the whole bathroom, I managed to get pretty much every single drop out of the packaging due to the runny texture of its contents.

You use this morning and evening, massage it into the skin and then take everything off with a tissue, flannel or muslin cloth. I opted for tissues, just because I'm lazy and I can't be bothered to wash a cloth every other day. It's not meant for eyes, but I've had no stinging or irritation on the odd occasion where I did get some lotion on my eyes.

You can definitely smell the rosemary that's listed as part of the ingredients, but overall the scent is mild and gentle and not really anything to shout about.

As much as I love cleansing lotions for that soft, comforting feeling they leave on the skin, I also find that they're often a tad too gentle and won't remove all of my make-up effectively. That's not the case with this one. Yeah, my tissue was covered in... errr, stuff... after wiping my face clean, but a cotton pad soaked in toner and swiped over my face afterwards always came out clean.

On those days where I remembered to use it both mornings and nights, my skin couldn't have looked any better. I am just amazed at how something so gentle can also be so effective. As a matter of fact, I was so impressed with this lotion, that I ordered the matching toner almost straight away - watch out for a review of that one!

I can fully understand now why so many beauty bloggers love Organic Surge. Particularly for anyone with sensitive skin I imagine this to be a god send! Not to mention their prices are more than reasonable and the 200ml bottle lasted me almost three months. Win/win!

The Gentle Cleansing Lotion retails at £5.99 for 200ml.


No comments:

Post a Comment