Tuesday 11 June 2013

Atrixo Enriched Moisturising Cream Review

When I was contacted by Atrixo a few months back I couldn't quite place the brand name. The logo and the name rang a bell somehow, somewhere, but I couldn't quite figure out where I'd seen them.
Atrixo make a variety of hand creams catering to different skin type needs at very reasonable drugstore prices. One of the products I got to test out by them was the Enriched Moisturising Cream.


If you've read any of my other hand cream reviews you'll know that I'm quite awkward with hand creams. I hate the greasy, sticky feeling they leave on my hands and will pretty much never use a hand cream during the day, preferring to lather up over night, when getting cream on everything I touch doesn't bother me.



The Enriched Moisturising Cream comes in either a squeezy tube or a pot. The cream is pretty much identical, though I find that it's a little bit thicker in the tub and also seems to sink in a little bit faster.



As soon as I had a little whiff of the cream, it hit me straight away where I'd heard of Atrixo before. It turns out my mum used to use this cream religiously a few years back. So you might be able to imagine that the soft camomile scent instantly transported me back to my childhood, wrapping me in a warm blanket of comfort.



As for the formula, I have to admit I'm quite impressed considering the budget price tag. I've even found myself using the potted version during the daytime and carrying a little handbag friendly pot in my handbag for slathering on on the go, which is something that doesn't usually happen. I won't lie and say it sinks in straight away, as I do find myself waving my hands about for a few minutes after application, but it doesn't take anywhere near as long as most other hand creams I've tried.



I like to use the squeezy tube over night and it does enough to make my hands soft over night - not to mention the camomile scent actually helps me relax and unwind a little, making for better sleep (at least that's what I tell myself). For winter, when my hands get extremely dry to the point of skin cracking, I think it wouldn't quite be strong enough, but for the rest of the year it does an excellent job.



I also have the "intensive" and "regenerating" versions of this to try which I imagine will give my hands a stronger hit of moisture, so maybe more suitable for when the temperatures turn back to freezing. I'll keep you posted on how I get along with them, but for now let's enjoy this "summer", shall we?

The Enriched Moisturising Cream is available in a 200ml tub for £2.80, a 100ml squeezy tube for £2.50, or you could opt for the mini size at £2.05 for 50ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment