Tuesday 9 April 2013

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Review

You know something's good when I keep mentioning it whenever talking about other products, or even just about my hair in general. I can't believe it's taken me this long to actually write up a full length review - I'm on my fourth tub so far and it's become a staple, can't-live-without-it product in my hair care regime.


I've always been a big fan of hair masks, as my hair is naturally quite dry, frizzy and prone to breakage and split ends. Unfortunately, many drugstore hair masks will leave me with an instant hit of moisture and softness, but a day later my hair will be brittle and rough again, with each application being less effective than the previous one.


The moment I tried this, I knew it would be different. The texture is thick and gloopy, as you'd expect from a deep conditioner, though it didn't have quite as much slip as some other products I've tried. As a result, it doesn't slide off hair while I let it do its work in the shower, but still washes out easily enough.
I love the fact that 3 minutes is honestly enough for this to work its magic, though you can make it more potent by leaving it in for longer. I tend to use this every other hair wash, washing my hair straight away, then applying some 3 Minute Miracle and then I proceed to do all my other showery bits, like exfoliating and shaving.


The result is some seriously glossy, thick and just healthy hair. It just seems to undo whatever bad things I've thrown at my tresses and turn them into the best possible condition they can be. As a matter of fact, it really came into its own when my hair went through FOUR bleaches (don't try this at home) to get it to the blonde I have right now. I fully expected it to snap off my head entirely, but with diligent use of 3 Minute Miracle it's as if it's never been chemically treated at all. Even my hair dresser couldn't believe how thick and healthy my hair is after everything it's been through.


Now, I can't help but mention the packaging. The product comes in a squeezy tube without a lid - it just sort of has a little, errr... glory hole at the bottom. It comes out easily enough, is easy to dose right and never spills or leaves a mess, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do if I want to take this on holiday with me, as I can just imagine it going everywhere in a suitcase.
On another side note, the smell is gorgeous and I've had quite a few compliments on how good my hair smells after using this.

It's fair to say I'm utterly addicted, but at £4.99 for a 250ml tub which lasts around the two month mark, it's an affordable addiction to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment