Friday 1 March 2013

Monthly Favourites: February 13

Phew, February really whizzed past me and I had to seriously scratch my head to find some favourites to talk about this month. Fortunately there's been a lot of shiny new beauty stuff I got to try out last month and some of them have turned out to be real gems, even if the brand distribution isn't very wide this month.


1) Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo & Conditioner

My hair's been bleached a total of three times now, plus one root touch up and every single time it went about three to four shades darker as well as incredibly yellow after a few hair washes. I was using purple shampoo and conditioner every single wash to get rid of the brassiness, but if anything, the one I was using only made things worse (John Frieda, if you'd like to know - full review will follow).
Finally, this is one that brings my hair back to a lovely, natural blonde shade, with not a hint of yellow in sight. It only takes one weekly application and my colour stays the way I want it to stay. I highly recommend it for anyone with bleached hair, it's a must-buy!

2) Biotherm Blue Therapy Serum

Unfortunately, this is just a sample and it is now well and truly nearing its end. I still haven't bought a full sized serum to add to my skincare routine, but I'm more than happy to use up any samples I get. This one's been doing a lot of good work with my skin. I felt a difference after the second application, which is pretty incredible. My skin felt softer and in a way more taut and... energised (???). It doesn't leave any sticky residue, but sinks into the skin immediately leaving it silky soft and smooth, a lot like a perfectly ripe peach. Mmmmmmmh, peaches..... 

3) Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub

After a few not-so-scrubby duds I have finally met my exfoliation match. You see, when it comes to face and body scrubs I like it rough. Really, really rough, har har. This scrub is beautifully grainy and will slough away dead skin and any other rubbish that may be lingering around within seconds. It leaves my skin so, so soft, and leaves a hint of oil on the body, which personally, I love. Oh, and did I mention it smells like mojitos?

4) Soap & Glory The Righteous Body Butter

Another Soap & Glory product - as a matter of fact they were bought together. This is mainly a favourite because it just smells so good. It's not a fruity scent I would usually go for, but nevertheless perfectly sweet without being sickly.
Other than smell good, it's also got the perfect texture for dry winter skin: Rich, thick and creamy. Admittedly it does take a bit of elbow grease to really massage it in, but the results are definitely worth it and it sinks in fairly quick. Just don't try getting into skinny jeans straight after using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment