Tuesday 19 February 2013

Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser

It seems somehow unbelievable that less than a year ago I would not let any other cleanser other than Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish so much as touch my skin. It took me moving to Germany, where it's incredibly hard to get hold of, to finally try out a different one and lo and behold I found my new holy grail cleanser: Biotherm's Eau Auto-Moussante. Needless to say, I am so over Cleanse and Polish now.
Fast-forward a few month's and now, back in the UK, I can't get hold of the Biotherm cleanser.
FML.
But when I saw this on the shelves of Boots my heart made a little somersault. Could this replace my beloved Biotherm foam? (And at a fraction of the price?? But shush, don't tell anyone!)


The basic idea is the same. This foaming cleanser is a water in the bottle and comes out of the pump as a foam. While the Biotherm cleanser turned into a milk once rubbed onto the skin, this one just sort of melts into the face. As a result it's easier to wash off, but doesn't feel quite as indulgent.


I find that this is a great cleanser if you're in a hurry. No lathering up, no rubbing, no faffing about with a muslin cloth makes for a quick morning and bedtime routine.
As is the case with Biotherm products, I find that the Simple Kind to Skin range just works really well with my skin and doesn't irritate it resulting in breakouts, pulling sensations or the dreaded film of grease.


While I cannot deny that this is a lovely, gentle cleanser, the downside is that it doesn't quite get my skin clean enough. A cotton pad soaked in toner doesn't come out crystal clean like it did with my Biotherm cleanser, but will show up leftover foundation and dirt. As a result using toner is not a step I can skip if I'm in a hurry.


For this reason my search for a new holy grail product continues. As much as I still love simple, I need my cleanser to, well, clean my face - the hint is sort of in the name. And while this is not a bad product, it's not thorough enough for my liking. (Maybe I just have a ridiculously dirty face, haha??)

The one thing that still speaks in its favour is the purse friendly price of £4.49 for 150ml which lasts forever.

If after all my raving, you still haven't heard enough about the Biotherm foaming cleanser, you can read a full review here.

What's your holy grail cleanser?

No comments:

Post a Comment