Tuesday 6 November 2012

Fette Face Masks - A Souvenir from Germany

I still have a few beauty products in rotation which I bought in Germany and whereas most of those I feel sort of "meh" about, I have to admit that these face masks are something I miss.
The first Fette mask I received in a Glossybox and until then I'd never really heard of the brand, but I faintly recognised their logo, so I must have seen them in a pharmacy before. The other two I got off my mum in a goody box she sent me. I'll review all three together in this post, as they're not really that different apart from the scent.


The first one I'd like to talk about is the Dead Sea Pomegranate Mask (Totes Meer Maske Granatapfel). If you're confused now, because the brand name says DermaSel, whereas I was talking about a company called Fette, then you're excused. I was startled at first when I saw that two brands were seemingly using the same logo. Turns out it's one and the same company, but DermaSel is just one specific range which includes Dead Sea Salt extracts in all of its products.
This was by far my favourite one, not only because I love pomegranate and thought it smelt absolutely divine. Fruity, but not in a sickly sweet way. The texture was gorgeously thick, creamy, luxurious and buttery and it left my skin visibly rejuvenated, moisturised and glowing.


My second favourite was the rose mask (Rosenmaske). Even though I'm not a huge fan of rosy scents I found the smell of this one subtle enough for my personal liking and very relaxing.
It had the same buttery consistency of the pomegranate mask and while it moisturised and plumped my skin really well it didn't quite give it that refreshed glow as the above one did - but it's still a fantastic product!


Lastly, we've got the Cocoa Butter Mask (Kakaobutter Maske) and unsurprisingly, this was my least favourite out of the three. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate, but I am yet to find a cocoa butter beauty product I really like. The scent just seems a bit odd to me and texture-wise this was the worst of the three, as it was slightly runnier and left my skin feeling a tad sticky. 
But just because it wasn't as good as the other two doesn't mean it was a bad product. I just feel that it would have been better suited to drier or more mature skin, whereas the other two were absolutely perfect for my normal/combination skin.

Fette claim that one sachet gives enough for one application, but I could easily get two out of each and I  still applied a pretty thick layer. If you skimped a little bit, I reckon they would yield three applications easily.

Fette face masks are only available in German pharmacies at the moment, so I need to look for my skincare fix elsewhere. But for anybody who gets the chance I would really recommend these and as the range is quite vast, I'm sure each and every skin type will find their perfect fit. These retail at 1.70€ per sachet.



No comments:

Post a Comment