Tuesday 14 February 2012

LUSH time! Blackberry Bath Bomb and Yuzu & Cocoa Bubbleroon

I confessed a while ago that I hadn't been in a Lush store for years and years, but after reading so many good things about some Lush products I decided that it was time to treat myself and try out some lovely bath products.
The two things I decided to go for were the Blackberry Bath Bomb and the Yuzu & Cocoa Bubbleroon

Stupid me forgot to take a picture before chucking it in the bath
The Blackberry Bath Bomb set me back by £2.90. I know most people break these in half, but I didn't feel like making a mess in my bathroom and just chucked the whole lot in. It smelled absolutely gorgeous, like raspberry and blackberry and I just adore fruity fresh scents, so this was fantastic.


The bath bomb instantly fizzed away and turned my water a bright purple colour. Even if I'd changed my mind then to rescue some of it before disappearing I would have had no chance as it was gone within seconds.


As you can see, when I said bright purple bath water, I meant bright purple bath water! It foamed a little bit at the start, but that soon disappeared and there were no bubbles. That's not an issue, however, as these don't claim to product bubbles in the bath.


Fortunately the bright colouring did not stain my skin at all and I didn't emerge as a little purple alien. The smell lingered as long as I was in the bath, but didn't stay on once I got out.
One thing I do have to mention is that the girl in the shop told me this worked like a fortune cookie and would pop out a little message once thrown in the bath, which as you can see didn't happen. This wasn't the only reason I bought it, but I still wish that people in shops would know their products.
I enjoyed using this in the bath, but for almost three pounds a pop I'm not sure I'll be indulging in this very often.

The other little bath goodie I treated myself to was the Yuzu and Cocoa Bubbleroon.

This is a macaroon shaped bath product which consists of two halves with a moisturising cream in between. It was a tiny bit more expensive than the bath bomb at £2.95.


I'm not entirely sure why this is called Yuzu and Cocoa when the one thing it smells of more than anything is coconut. Having said that the scent is absolutely gorgeous, like a tropical cocktail. With this in the bath and my eyes closed I instantly felt transorted to a remote sunny island - heaven!


I was told I'd get two uses out of this by twisting it at the middle, so at first I used only half. However, the above picture shows how the water looked after only running for two minutes or so and the bubbles were quickly disappearing, so I threw in the other half to get myself some proper bubbling action!


It still wasn't mad on bubbles, but I do have to mention that I use a huge bathtub, so it would probably be a bit different in a normal sized one. The water turned a light orange and the little bits you can see floating about in the above picture dissolved quickly.


The bubbles made this a much softer and creamier experience and my skin felt a little bit softer when I got out of the bath. The scent also lingered for a few hours, though it was in no way overpowering or unpleasant.
Again, it was a lovely treat but not something I'd repeat regularly considering the price.

So now the question of all questions: Am I hooked on Lush?
Possibly. I'm not going to rush out to try any of their skin care products as I didn't overly love a sample they gave me with my purchase and I just like my cosmetics to feel a bit more luxurious rather than DIY. The bath products, however, are a different story. I'd be happy to try out a few more from time to time, though I think that next time I feel like treating myself I will order online to avoid a lot of hassle.

If you're a LUSH fanatic and have any recommendations, please share them in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment