Friday 13 January 2012

Soap&Glory The Greatest Scrub Of All Review

I'm quite fond of Soap&Glory products - I haven't tried that many of them yet, but everything I've bought I've been very happy with. I couldn't wait for my Origins Modern Friction to run out (find out why I hate it here), so I could give this one a go.



This scrub is intended for all skin types and I would definitely say this is one of the more gentle scrubs I've tried recently. I usually exfoliate in the shower as products aren't as harsh on the skin when it's slightly damp or wet and it makes it a lot easier to wash off the product. This one, however, is the first one I've used in a long time which I had to apply on dry skin, as it would just slide off my face otherwise.


The product itself is very smooth and creamy and has a pearlescent sheen to it. The exfoliating beads are few and far between, but it also contains "smooth-boost spheres" which are supposed to pop open when you press on them - and they do! It's a strangely satisfying feeling, a bit like popping a sheet of bubble wrap. This product is to be massaged into skin and then left on for about 30 seconds during which you will experience a tingling sensation on your skin. This is not inherently unpleasant, but be careful around any damaged or sunburnt skin - the beads are too big to cause any damage, but if you don't wash it off straight away it will sting.

I use this scrub about 2-3 times a week and though it doesn't bring on any dramatic changes to my skin it seems to wake it up and refresh it a little bit. Nevertheless I feel like this product isn't grainy enough for me and I miss the squeaky clean feeling you get from a rougher product.

This product retails for £9.00 (you can buy it here or from any Boots in-store) and for that you get a generous tube containing 125ml, which will last a long time. Is it really the greatest scrub of all? I wouldn't go that far, but it's a very decent option considering the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment