Wednesday 11 January 2012

NOTD #04 Barry M Silver Glitter


A bit of a belated Nail of the Day post, this is the nail polish I decided to wear on New Years Eve. Apologies up front, as this is a limited edition shade which was available either for £3.99 or as a free gift with any two Barry M products just before Christmas.


It took four coats to get the finish on the pictures and as you can see it's still not opaque, but I just couldn't handle any more waiting around. The finish was shockingly ungritty for a glitter polish which I thought was great, as grittiness is one of the main reasons I don't normally wear glitter nail polish. I didn't get any chips, but because I had to apply so many layers the varnish dried into a thick hard crust which started to lift at the edges after a day or two.
All in all, I'm not complaining because I got this nail polish for free on the offer, but I'd be a bit gutted if I spent money on it. Maybe I'll try using it as a top coat next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment