Thursday 15 December 2011

December Glossybox Contents


After last month's Glossybox turned out to be a bit of a dud I was really looking forward to this month's edition. I wasn't going to read any reviews until I got mine in order to avoid disappointment, but I just couldn't resist and had to have a sneak little peak, so I knew more or less what to expect.
I filmed a video of the unboxing of my box which you can find here: December Glossybox Contents Video. It's my first ever video, so it felt a little bit awkward talking to myself and I also dropped a lot of things out of nervousness!

Now, onto the contents of this months limited-edition Christmas Glossybox!



First up is the BLINK+Go Hi-Definition Mascara. This is a full size and the tube is absolutely huge! I don't think I'll be able to use all of this up before it dries out, but I'm very happy that I got it, as I do need a new mascara and I haven't tried anything from this brand before.
Sample value: £14.99


Next up is this mini Cargo lipgloss in the shade "Serengeti", which is a coral shade with pink undertones and gold flecks of shimmer. I wasn't sure where I'd heard of Cargo before until my boyfriend reminded me that we saw a Cargo stand at Boots which had been quite heavily attacked, so there was hardly any stock left. I'm not overly excited about this, as it looks like something I would have picked up as a teenager and I have gone off sparkly lip glosses in the mean time. But who knows, maybe I'll rediscover my love for long-forgotten products?
Sample value: £0.95


This next product had me quite excited. It's a mini nail polish by Deborah Lippman (another brand I've never tried) in Razzle Dazzle, an absolutely stunning fuchsia glitter shade. I'm not really one for glitter nails, but I've read so many posts on them lately that I am sort of swayed a little bit. I'd make an exception for such a beautiful shade any time anyway! It also came with a nail polish remover finger mitt, which I'll happily try out when I'm on the go and my nail polish has chipped to a disgraceful state!
Sample value: £8.57 for the polish / £2.33 for the finger mitts


I also got a little pot of Seventh Heaven by MeMeMe which is a moisturising face primer. This is again a brand I've never tried - not because I haven't heard of them, but simply because it never particularly appealed to me. However, I'm in need of a face primer, so I'm more than happy to give this a go. It smells absolutely lovely as well, which is always a bonus!
Sample value: £5.00


Lastly I also got a bottle of Rituals Foaming Shower Gel in Mandarin & Mint. I personally hate mint, but the mandarin scent is so overpowering that I can barely make it out, which is great! I wasn't too sure about getting shower gel at first. Yeah, it's a full size bottle, but it's... shower gel... barely a luxury product. Then again this does feel and smell very lovely and I wouldn't usually splurge on shower gel for myself.
Sample value: £6.50

The total value of my box comes to £38.34, which is not as high as some previous boxes that I received, but I still made my money back from the mascara alone! The one thing that I appreciate the most about this month's box is that there were no perfume samples, as they always felt like a little bit of a rip-off to me. All the samples are a very generous size and there are two full sized products which is amazing! However, there are no real luxury brands included this time, which is a bit of a shame.
Overall still a great improvement on November's box, so I'm happy. I'll let you know how I got on with this month's products and also all the things that I got in the November box in about two weeks or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment