Wednesday 28 September 2011

Mini-Haul and Bargain Alert

I did a little bit of lunchtime shopping yesterday, so I thought I'd share what I picked up.


First of all I went to Boots, mainly to get a new mascara. The one I got was Maybelline's new Volume Express Cat Eye mascara which cost £7.99. I never actually tried a Maybelline mascara before, so I'm curious to see how I get on with this one. I'll probably post a review anyway once I get a few uses out of it.
Secondly, I was looking for a new face mask and it was between the No.7 Heavenly Hydration Moisture Mask and the same brand's Purifying Sauna Mask. What attracted me to the latter was that it was one of the very few cleansing masks that I've ever seen that wasn't a mud mask. Mud masks may work great for some people, but I hate the mess they leave and they also tend to irritate my skin a little bit. In the end, however, I went for the moisture mask as my impurities have pretty much cleared up in the past few days (read my last post for more on that). It costs £14.00, but Boots are giving away quite a lot of £5-off vouchers for the No.7 range with your purchase, so you can get it cheaper. Again, I'll probably post a review about this product after a few uses.
The magazine was free for Advantage Card holders, so I thought I'd get it and read for the rest of my lunch hour.

After that I popped down to the Body Shop to get a new Body Butter as I'm running out again. I know there are lots of really good body lotions out there, but somehow I just find myself drawn to these over and over again. They're just a staple product that will never disappoint. They smell heavenly and make skin gorgeously soft, even in winter.
The best thing is that they're currently on offer for half price. And if you've got a Love Your Body card you get an additional 10% off on top of that! So, it should have been £12.50 for the pot, but I ended up paying only £5.63 in the end. I don't know how long this offer lasts, but I'll probably pop back into the store soon, just to stock up on these for the colder months!

 

Okay, I know I'm way too old for this, but when I walked past the Disney shop and saw that the entire front was decorated in Lion King stuff I just couldn't resist. I absolutely love the Lion King and I've got this weird obsession with Pumba (he's the greatest, shush now). I could have bought the whole range, but just went for a shopping bag and a mug instead.


I've also promised a bargain alert, so here goes: Tomorrow, but only tomorrow, on September 29, you can pop into your local John Lewis and exchange any empty shampoo or conditioner bottle of any brand for two full sized Ojon products. They are the damage reverse Restorative Shampoo & Conditioner which retail at a combined price of £41.50. It's only while stocks last, so I'll race you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment